Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Book Review -- Unleashed by JE and M Keep


Unleashed - The Complete CollectionUnleashed - The Complete Collection by M. Keep
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book that I've got the chance by these authors. However, taking a look at the other reviews here, I gathered that the authors have quite a fan following. Needless to say, I had a big anticipation when I began reading the book. The book didn't let me down. Set in multiple layers revolving around many lives, encompassing many genres, the book is interesting and captivating.

The novel involves a coming-of-age theme, set in fantasy terms. Kanika is an attractive young girl on the verge of adulthood. Her school is away from the rest of the society, as are the rest of the characters. When the school starts to run low on food supplies, a few face potential eviction. When Kanika is offered an illicit and immoral bargain by the school administrator, in exchange for ensuring her place at the school, she gets pulled into a quicksand of emotional conflict between what's right and what's wrong. While she is already reeling under the impact of her decisions, she encounters more evil offers from her linguistics professor.

What impresses me the most in the book is the fact that the authors do not in way attempt to justify the wrongs anywhere in the book throughout. Happenings are told as they are, without seeking to show Kanika in a less bad light. While the story unfolds the price that Kanika pays for deviating from the right track, the reader gets an insight into the internal tumoil she undergoes.

I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy romances.

My rating for this book: 4 stars

View all my reviews

Book and Author Spotlights