Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Book Review -- Deadman's Blood by T. Lynne Tolles


Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)Deadman's Blood by T. Lynne Tolles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided with a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is part of a series, and having never read any of the earlier ones, I was apprehensive about what I should expect in this book. This book enraptured with a gripping plot and a superb narration. Although I was having a hard time keeping up with the characters, I found the book thoroughly enjoyable all the same.

The story revolves around the mystery of the Bloodstone Heart, which has only been recently destroyed. The group of protagonists discover a small scroll. When one of them realises that the scroll prophesizes the fate of the Larsen family, the group finds it hard to ignore the scroll. Things take a turn when they discover that they have each acquired some special powers and while they are finding it troublesome to cope up with the special powers, Darby and Devon are busy preparing for their impending wedding. Darby is pulled out at the stage, as his help is needed to cure and save the Summer Queen of the Everworld, failing which terrible things are predicted to befall the planet itself. The planet also starts getting infested with Larsen vampires. There is a devastating plane crash which leaves everyone stunned and Bernard vanishes. Is there a connection among all these happenings, and will the group manage to survive and save themselves, is what the book takes us through.

The plot was wonderful, but as I mentioned, having never read the earlier books in the series, I was getting lost in remembering the characters and the numerous sub-twists in the plot. The speed at which the book progressed also left no time to analyse characters in depth. The narration was captivating and the the language was very apt. Overall, an enjoyable read. I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy and paranormal genres, but I do suggest that one reads the series in order, instead of picking up this book as a standalone.

My rating for this book: 4 stars

View all my reviews

Book and Author Spotlights