Thursday, 11 December 2014

Book Review -- Coming to Rosemont by Barbara Hinske


Coming to Rosemont (Rosemont Saga, #1)Coming to Rosemont by Barbara Hinske
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

The tale revolves around Maggie Martin. Getting on to be aged where she can't be considered "young" any more, she is a forensic accountant by profession. Losing her husband leaves her emotionally lonely but learning of his double life leaves her mentally devastated! Shattered and thoroughly broken, she looks forward to moving to Rosemont, where her husband has inherited an estate. While she tries re-ordering her life and finding some peace, she gets caught in a mire of political conspiracy and deceit. Does Maggie manage to win over all odds and find solace, companionship and some much needed peace in Rosemont, is what the story takes us through.

This is a simple and sweet story. Although mildly predictable in a few instances, it still manages to hold the reader's interest for most parts of the book. I wish Maggie's idealogies were discussed more in detail, as I feel this would have added more depth to the character. The pace of the book is just about right. The author does a good job in helping the reader visualise the locales and settings - almost made me wish and yearn for a Rosemont myself. Overall, this was a good read and would serve as a good companion on a day indoors with some coffee.

I recommend this book to lovers of romantic dramas.

My rating for this book: 3.5 stars

View all my reviews

Book and Author Spotlights