Sunday, 14 December 2014

Book Review -- Board Indiscretion by Jessica Jayne


Board Indiscretion (Taking Advantage #3)Board Indiscretion by Jessica Jayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided with a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is part of the Taking Advantage series, and having not read the first two books in the series, I was apprehensive about how I would find this one, the third in the series. The author's charming and smooth narration makes it easy for the reader to relate with the characters, and I believe this book can be read just a stand alone, given that the characters and the plot can be thought of as being new.

The story revolves around Mark Olsen, a self-appointed player and womaniser, and Suzie McCormick, the wild and reckless girl who walks into his life, cloaked with the innocence of an executive assistant. Mark's resolve to not get entangled begins to crumble and Suzie is ruthlessly meshing him further in the net. Is Mark able to resist being drawn to Suzie more and more each day, and does Suzie acknowledge her true feelings for Mark, is what the book takes us through.

Considering that this was a fairly short book, the author deserves a commendation for having gone into the characterisation as much as the length of the book allowed for. Although the mindsets, idealogies and takes on life for the characters couldn't be dealt with in detail, the book gave enough insight into the characters' heads to understand why they do what they do. I was able to perceive that the characters had known each other even before they came together in this book - which probably ties in with me not having read the first two books in the series. I am unsure if they were the protagonists in the first two as well. But in this one, I feel it in fact has helped keep the book crisp that the author didn't dwell too much on how the two protagonists encountered each other. Overall, it was a good read and I am looking forward to reading the first two in the series now.

Recommended for romance lovers!

My rating for this book: 3.5 stars

View all my reviews

Book and Author Spotlights