Sunday, 16 November 2014

Interview with Author Killarney Sheffield

How does a typical book get written in your world - what do you start with? 

I start with the scene that inspired the book and then work my way from there. For instance with my one book Love's Magic I started with a magic scene in the middle of the book and went from there. With my book Through Gypsy Eyes I started right from the beginning. It just depends which scene I have in my head that inspired the actual story.

How would you compare the protagonists of your books with yourself? 

Well, it is true there is always a little bit of yourself in every book you write. A great example of that is in the very first book I ever wrote called The Cracksman's Kiss (formerly published as Guilty Kisses). There is a... lets just say 'motherhood' near disaster that actually happened to me with one of my kids. Also the heroine just keeps pushing forward despite everything thrown in her path. That's the anthem of my life!

How would you typically choose the names of your characters? 

Whatever name pops into my head I go with.

What's that one Classic work that you wish had been written by you? 

Beauty and the Beast. It was originally a fairy tale and it has always been my favorite.

How would you deal with reviews? 

I ignore the bad ones and promote the good ones. Life is too short to dwell on negatives.

What's your favourite writing location? 

Anywhere warm! LOL! I live in Canada and although our summers are nice the winters over here are bloody cold!

What awesome books and projects are you working in at the moment? 

I just signed a tween/teen/ya cowboy series so I am trying to finished the 3rd and 4th books in the series and I have a post apocalyptic romance I am polishing to sub somewhere as well as doing edits for a new historical romance due out this spring called Rags to Romance.

Book and Author Spotlights