Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Heart of a Rocky by Kelsey Jordan







Heart of a Rocky
The Gardinian World Series
Book 2
Kelsey Jordan


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Booktrope Publishing
Date of Publication: October 15, 2014
ISBN: 9781620154458
ASIN: B00OJQHRHA

Number of pages: 210
Cover Artist: Greg Simanson

The Takeover


Tor Omar James, King of the North African pride, needs one woman if he has any hope of keeping his sanity – Anise, his Soul’s Mate. There’s only one problem: she’s pregnant by Derrick, Tor of the United States pride. Anise is caught between the love that every Lycan covets and the motherly devotion to the son she would sacrifice so much for. Can Omar survive the takeover of the US pride and convince Anise that he is more man than lion?


The Defender


Asim Tyson, the Defender of the Hafiz, is fighting off the insanity of his longing after losing his Soul’s Mate in battle. Unfortunately, his self-centered existence results in the gross neglect of his people when they need him the most. When Harmony appears in his life, he is forced to make a choice. Should he resist the lure of Harmony’s caustic melody or embrace his weakness in order to keep her safe?


Available at Amazon BN iTunes


Book Excerpt - The Takeover


ANISE TURNED HER GAZE from Ronan to see her mate enter the room. Butterfly stiches held the wound closed that had recently been pouring his precious life-blood down his face. Though most of the blood had been cleaned from his face and he appeared calm, she couldn’t help the protective instinct that rose in the pit of her stomach. She’d gone through too much to allow harm to come to her son.
There were some Alesers who embraced the tendencies of their lion cousins by killing off the newborn Alesers of other males who’d impregnated their Soul’s Mates. And like their lioness cousins, Aleser females would enter their Rut, the Lycan fertile period, in order to bear their mate’s child.
Anise had been witness to the screaming pain of a mother whose child had been taken from her soon after birth and the silenced wails of a child too young to understand the way of an Aleser married too closely to his inner beast. She’d never looked at her brother the same way and she would never understand how his mate never killed him in his sleep for the pain he’d willingly inflicted on her.
She wouldn’t delude herself with a lie. If she was forced to kill her mate, a part of her would die, but the female she’d become if she sat by and let him kill her son wasn’t any more appealing.


About the Author:

Kelsey Jordan is the author of The Gardinian World novels. Though she has a preference for all things paranormal and romantic, Kelsey admits she just writes what her muse demands of her. It’s less painful that way. When she isn’t enjoying the momentary benefits of playing god to the many characters that live in her head, she can usually be found curled up with a book, killing something in a video game, or spending time with her family. At some point in the day she is probably drinking more than her recommended dose of coffee, but don’t tell her that. She doesn’t care about recommended servings.
As a Texas native and self-described Air Force brat, Kelsey now lives in Georgia with her husband and their tutu-wearing minion. 




An Interview with Kelsey Jordan



1. How does a typical book get written in your world - what do you start with?
Typically I start with the couple and their major problem and move from there.


2. How would you compare the protagonists of your books with yourself?
Sometimes I feel my characters are more alive and vibrant than I am. They do more, say more, feel more on any given page than I do in my daily life. Then I remember a simple truth about any character I’ve written: all of them have one small piece of me inside of them. It would be a lie to say they didn’t. However, my characters have taken whatever piece of me and warped into something more in line with themselves. Anise and I don’t have much in common beyond how we feel about being a mother. Tyson and I deal with being hurt emotionally in similar ways, but he’s more extreme than I’ll ever be.


3. How would you typically choose the names of your characters?
The names of the characters truly spend on the character. Some, like majority of my males, king of showed up and told me their names. I’ve tried to change some names, but they would stop telling me their story so I’ve learned to leave their names alone. The more passive characters let me pick their names, which I typically do with the assistance of a name book put together by Sherrilyn Kenyon.



4. What’s that one Classic work that you wish had been written by you?

The Odyssey would be more in line with who I am as writer. Or Beowulf would be cool too.

Side note, somebody kick me in the shins if my muse and I sit down and try to do a retelling of either of these stories. I have too many books to write already.


5. How would you deal with reviews?


Excellent question! Like any author I’m happy to get great reviews and of course it doesn’t feel great when someone doesn’t like your work. However, and this is a big however, I do not spend a lot of time worrying about the ones who do not like my work. I have to take the position that the person doesn’t like it may not be my ideal reader and that’s perfectly okay. In negative reviews I sometimes find lessons or valuable critique that may be useful, but overall, I don’t let the negative ones take over my desire to write more books. In other words, I’m not going to stalk anyone because of a negative review.


6. What’s your favourite writing location?

The one I use the most is my living room coffee table, but I can write anywhere as long as I’m comfortable. It doesn’t take much for me to tune out the world around me. Give me a good seat or place to stretch out and I could write at a concert.


7. What awesome books and projects are you working in at the moment?

Currently I’m working to hammer out Soul of a Rocky (book 4) and book 5, which is tentatively titled Lykil. Since the plots in book 4 and book 5 are so closely knit, it is pretty easy to write them at the same time. I can't put them together though. Can you say tome? I’ll do my best avoid cliff hangers. I hate them enough as a reader that I try not to do it as a writer. I’m also laying the groundwork for a thriller I’m writing called Tidy.
  














Tour giveaway


5 ebook copies of Heart of a Rocky


1 paperback (US Only) of Heart of a Rocky

 
Ends In
08days
:
12hours
820 total entries
0/40 entries earned
  • 5 ebook copies of Heart of a Rocky
  • paperback (US Only) of Heart of a Rocky

Book and Author Spotlights